Okay, from Pre-K so not really but D was still proud of himself.
J, K, myself and my parents all attended D’s pre-K graduation last weekend. I thought it was going to be about 45 minutes but it lasted 1.5 hours. K did a great job sitting while waiting for his brother’s turn. D was over with his class and how they kept so many kids from running amok for that amount of time I’ll never know.
While D’s class only had 12 people in it, all told there were probably 175 kids going through Graduation. About halfway through I handed K my phone as I could tell he was getting antsy. I figured for my high school graduation (all 600+ of us) we had walkmans and game boys so it made sense to me that K could use my phone during his brother’s graduation.
D was excited for graduation because it was going to be on a ‘big, tall stage that you need steps to climb up on”. We then found out that they were streaming the ceremony live on the internet which at least explained his comment that he was going to be on TV. In addition to the live video streaming they showed the ceremony on a big screen behind the kids. D was so excited that when I asked him about it later he told me he forgot to turn around and look. I have feeling it was more they were told not to turn around and look rather than he forgot but oh well.
D did a great job. He was decked out in a black and red striped shirt, black pants and bright blue dinosaur rainboots. What can I say, his rainboots where his signature look this year. This is his second pair (you might remember the spider ones) and I just noticed this afternoon that the dinosaur boots are coming apart. D pointed out to me that the top was pulling away from the sole and noted “I think that is why dirt and water are getting in my boot”. I told him he had to wear his tennis shoes now, although I think that really translates into I need to go buy him new tennis shoes now since I’m pretty sure the ones he has are at least a size too small.
Speaking of shoes, I took K shoe shopping as his shoes were too small and he is almost into men’s shoes. Noooo. He’s not even out of elementary school. I finally found a pair of size 7 boys shoes that fit him which was fortunate. I’m learning that most boys shoes don’t come in a size 7 (the largest is a size 6) but the smallest men’s shoes come in is a size 8. Apparently he’s supposed to go barefoot for 6 months or some such craziness.
Back to graduation, D had already warned me ahead of time that he didn’t want to sign the song. I told him he didn’t have to sing but he did have to stand quietly. So here is a picture of D not signing.
The expression on his face makes me giggle. You can’t really tell from the photo but he is standing plank straight with his arms at his sides.
D received a diploma and he got to bring home his cap.
I say his because right after this photo the mortarboard part of the cap came off. I was right below him in front of the stage and he looked down at me and said “really, I don’t know how that happened”. It was a mystery, truly. The Director did a quick swap with someone else’s cap and everything moved on.
Now D has to wait 2.5 months before he gets to go to Kindergarten. I just hope Kindergarten is ready for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment