Okay, I know you are all surprised that I'd have a random thought (or any thoughts at all some days) but this one has been popping up for the last 24 hours so I thought I'd share.
My kids don't think it is weird that we do not have any presents under our tree yet. Okay, technically it isn't true that we don't have any presents under tree, but the one present that is there is the present they bought for their Dad. Wouldn't you think that a 3 year-old and a 7 year-old would wonder where their presents are? They know that not all their presents are from Santa so it isn't that they are expecting everything to magically show up on Christmas Eve. I'm just surprised that they haven't seemed to notice. Like I said, just a random thought. I guess I could actually go wrap their presents but it hasn't hit the top of my to-do-at-night list yet.
Today we got to play out in the snow. Yea! The first snow of the season and a good three or so inches so worth it to be out. The day was sunny and not too cold, yet not warm enough that anything is melting. Pretty much the perfect play in the snow day.
I broke down this week and finally bought a sled in anticipation of this snow. K has wanted a sled for the past three years and I just haven't purchased one. This year I decided to go out prior to the snow and pick one up before they are all gone. It is nothing fancy, just a red plastic sled that the boys can sit in alone or together, but it seemed to work well. They spent most of the morning sledding down the hill in our front yard. It took a bit to get D to get in the sled but once he was in he didn't want to get out. K had great fun figuring out all the fun ways you can sled (jumping in while it's moving, going backwards, etc). All-in-all a pretty good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment