I was in the dollar store today picking up some water balloons for next week’s Cub Scout Pack Meeting when I happened to see a display of Bugles. You know, the horn shaped snack. Now, I haven’t had, wanted, thought about, or in any way acknowledged Bugles in probably 9 or 10 years and even then I probably only had one every 5 or so years. Upon seeing the display today I had a sudden craving for them. I totally pigged out on them at lunch and then took them for the boys to have as an after school snack. D wasn’t sure they were that great, but K thought they were fantastic. It was so cute.
The most often heard phrase out of the three-year old’s mouth around here is “I can do whatever I want”. I know you’ll be surprised but Mom has a different take on that. :)
I swear that poor D must feel like he never gets to do anything fun. Because of the difference in the boys’ age there are obviously things that K can do that D can’t. Since D idolizes K (well it is an idolize/torment relationship on D’s part, but still) D gets told a lot that he’s not big enough to do <insert activity here>. Normally he replies by saying he is big. Well, I think he’s decided that there are some perks to being not quite big enough yet. We went over to visit my parents the other day and he decided being little was actually okay since it means that Grandma can still carry him, something that isn’t possible with poor K because he is so tall.
This week in Cub Scouts we built Bat Boxes to hang at one of the parks around here. K did a great job and had so much fun hammering, stapling and using the caulk gun. The boys definitely did a great job and there should be some happy bats soon.
There was something else cute I was going to say but darned if I know what it was. Oh well, the memory goes when you get old.
No comments:
Post a Comment