Of course, you would be wrong.
My impatience got the best of me tonight. Not my best defense, but the only one I have. It was like this:
I haven’t taken D in to get his hair fixed since my ill-fated attempt at hair cutting. I did call them today to try and get the boys an appointment but they didn’t answer and voice mail never picked up. I’m not sure if they are just closed on Monday or out of business.
D’s haircut has been bugging me, especially this one side around his temples that was obviously longer than the other. Tonight I asked D if I could fix that area and he said yes. I cut off that length of hair and thought ‘okay, that will work’. Then…D looked up at me. My first thought was “Oh my gosh, now he looks like he has a mullet” Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
I think you can guess what happened from there. Yes, I inflicted another session with my non-existent haircutting skills on my son.
I think the word ‘butchered’ might be a bit strong to describe his hair cut but it definitely won’t pass as having been done by someone with skill. On the plus side I’m pretty sure the kids won’t notice anything other than that his hair is shorter. The adults may be another story.
Oh well. As someone mentioned before it grows back. At least he is cute.
Amazingly K won’t let me cut his hair. He wants an appointment at the haircut place.
No comments:
Post a Comment