Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So close…yet again

Tonight at Cub Scouts they had one of the best kids community programs that I’ve seen in a long time.  A ‘super-hero’ named Oxy Gene from Community Transit came to the Pack Meeting and talked about the bus, how to ride the bus, etc.  The highlight of the night was getting to ride on one of the articulated buses. 

Here is how the night went:

About 6p tonight K started crying and complaining that his leg hurt.  We couldn’t see anything but a little bruise, but I assured him that if his leg hurt I wasn’t going to make him go to Cub Scouts.  When I ran over before the meeting to drop off the awards I saw the bus and remembered about the program so I called K asked him if he wanted to go and then hurried home to get him and D.

K made is through the talking part of the program and we got all the way onto the bus when he suddenly started crying again saying that his leg hurt and he wanted off.  To tell the truth I was a little disappointed to end the evening and I had a very (VERY) upset 3 year-old who didn’t understand why he had to get off the bus.  Especially as he had been excellent through the entire program.  I’ve promised him a bus ride sometime soon. 

K is now disappointed that he didn’t get to ride the bus too.  *Sigh*

No comments: