Saturday, October 23, 2010

Going On A Hike

The boys and I went on a hike with the Cub Scouts and had a great time.  However this post isn’t really about a hike.  It is about a pair of boots.  Specifically, these boots:

img_1123

These are D’s new boots and he wears them absolutely everywhere.

In anticipation of a said hike, and knowing that we live in what is often a wet and rainy area, I decided that the boys needed boots. Unfortunately I couldn’t find any books for K, however D was more than happy to find these nifty spider web boots.  They even glow in the dark, what more could a 4 year-old boy want?

Because of his new boots, D was delighted to discover that he could walk in the mud and puddles!  Especially since his brother had to be very careful on the hike to not walk in mud or puddles.  I have to say that K did an excellent job of avoiding the puddles and came home with his shoes only slightly dirty.  D spent a lot of time reminding his brother that while K had to avoid puddles he (D) got to splash all he wanted.

The hike looked a lot like this.

  img_1079 img_1081 

 

img_1083

Exhibit A:  K going around the puddle, and D set to go right through it.

img_1073

D also found a caterpillar and was very upset that he didn’t get to bring it home.  Of course, I’m sad to say I’m not sure what shape the caterpillar is in after D’s tender loving care.  D wanted to put it back on a specific leaf and every time the caterpillar didn’t land on that leaf D picked it up to try again.  And again, and again, and again.  Poor little caterpillar.

When K was young I never purchased him rainboots.  They never seemed to be worthwhile.  Considering D wants to wear his boots absolutely everywhere, I will have to concede they were a good purchase.

Since we have a couple more hikes and a pumpkin patch visit I have feeling the boots will get a lot of use this year.

We also have a new puppy. (Didn’t even try with that segue did I?)

 img_0979

The boys are ecstatic.  The cats…not so much.

1 comment:

Z said...

Cute puppy, boots and boys.