Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Winter Wonderland

As you may have heard we’ve been having some snow.  Some areas got less snow and some areas got more.  We are definitely in the more area.

The boys have been out of school all week and have had a lot of fun playing in the snow, playing LEGO, playing on their computer, reading books and being creative.  We have probably had about 18 inches of snow fall, but a small amount melts every day and get tamped down so while it is still pretty deep outside there seems be just a little over a foot on the ground. 

Today the boys went out and came back inside in a relatively short amount of time because the snow was so deep it went over the top of D’s boots and his feet got cold.  When I went out the snow was over the top of my boots and well up my leg so I wasn’t too surprised that they didn’t stay long.  The depth combined with the fact that the snow that came down today was extremely fine and dry so that they couldn’t make a snowman, which was their goal, made it inevitable that they’d look for something else to do.  I think tomorrow I’m going to give them paper cups and they are going to make snow castles and pretend to have a sno-cone stand. 

A few photos of our little winter playland

IMG_1165    

IMG_1174 

On the first day it snowed we went over to the “sled hill”.  D decided he needed to bring some snow home with us.  Apparently it was different than the snow at our house.   

IMG_1200

They actually stood still and let me get a photo of them when I asked.  Yea!

IMG_1304

IMG_1302   

I love it when the trees are covered in snow.  That big white are in the middle is a road.  Really.

IMG_1307

Tomorrow is supposed to be the last day of snow with rain coming mid-morning. Then we get to deal with slush and flooding.

It was sure fun and pretty while it lasted though.

No comments: